Saturday 5 February 2011

Flower and Skull Design for Photo Shop

At the moment on my textile course I am in the process of designing a repeat pattern using Photo Shop. My tutor wanted me to design a repeat pattern with an art based element, one with meaning behind it. My design is based around the the fact that as humans we need bees to pollinate our crops and without bees the human race would struggle to exist. I strarted thinking about bees for a repeat pattern because their honey comb forms a repeat pattern. Then I remember hearing that without bees the human race would die out. My design has the honey comb as the background. It also has a bee and a flower to show how bees pollinate. Lastly it has a skull with a dead flower in its mouth to represent death of the human race if we did not have bees. I chose a skull for my design because vanitas in 16th and 17th century used skulls to highlight mortality. When I have completed the design I will post it, which should be next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment